Concept for digital transformation
This is the concept page for digital transformation within the environment sector. It describes our ambitions, the definitions we use, and the general principles and approach we are taking.
Edit this entry (wiki)
What are we trying to achieve?
This is the concept page for digital transformation within the environment sector.
It describes our ambitions, the definitions we use, and the general principles and approach we are taking.
We want Scottish environment organisations to be more resilient and ready to move quickly and collaboratively on tackling the climate and nature crisis. This is essential for Scotland's contribution to progressing the Sustainable Development Goals, as articulated in Scotland by its National Performance Framework.
- To encourage shared learning and innovation that will enable us to scale up our efforts to reverse the loss of biodiversity
- To improve how we engage people and organisations in environmental issues, including through citizen science
- To increase understanding of the ways in which digital solutions can add value to the environment sector,
Our guiding principles:
- Working through existing brands and initiatives where possible
- Focus on collaboration and engagement
- Gender and diversity balance at events
- Securing voice of young people
- Minimising techie jargon
- Innovative and interactive models for engagement
- Open government approach to design - accountability, participation and transparency
- Facilitating remote participation where possible to maximise inclusion